Yes, British food gets ridiculed a lot. But forget their main course dishes for now, and think of the full English breakfast and the elegant afternoon teas. Then try imagining the world without cucumber sandwiches or potato chips and you will realize you can't do without British food.
Which is why when I saw that DK was looking for hosts for her monthly event AWED (A Worldly Epicurean's Delight) and there has never been a British AWED, I promptly signed up.
The rules are simple really:
- Make any vegetarian or vegan British dish (eggs are allowed in AWED) and post it on your blog between today and August 6. You can use the logo if you wish.
- The entry should be linked to this post and also to DK's event announcement post.
- Multiple entries are welcome. Entries sent to other events are also allowed.
- Send your 'name','recipe','recipe url' and a picture to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- If you don't blog but have a British recipe, send it to me and I will include it in the roundup.